9/20/2012

Red wine cake with chocolate, cherry and nuts



Sorry for not posting the last weeks, but due to work, studies and my German blog I was kind of busy.

Since a week I am trying to bake this cake, but I couldn't find time. Besides a wedding cake I was engaged with my new ebook about cookies and my new calendar for 2013.

So please see here the totally delicious red wine cake with hazelnuts and a pinch of cinnamon. So delicious but not too sweet.

As always I used a 6 inch baking dish (16cm), this time a ring cake. That should make about 10 pieces and is therefore ideal for two sweet bears like me and my boyfriend. I like it directly out of the oven. If you prefer a fancier icing than powdered sugar you may add some cinnamon and port wine to it and create a semi-liquid icing ready to pour over the cooled cake.

6 oz. spelt flour (180g) (of course wheat flour does also work)
4 oz. grounded hazelnuts (125g)
1 tablespoon starch
1 tablespoon egg replacement (Orgran)
1 tablespoon cocoa
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon vanilla pulp
1 teaspoon natron
1 oz. raw cane sugar (30g)
3 oz. cherry jam (100g)
1/2 fl. oz. oil (20ml)
4 fl oz. red wine (130ml)
2 fl. oz. sparkling mineral water (70ml), unsweetened
2 oz. minced chocolate (65g)

Icing sugar for dusting

Mix the dry ingredients. Add the jam, oil, red wine, and mineral water and stir everything to a smooth dough. Mince the chocolate and fold it in.
Pour the dough in a greased pan and bake it in a pre-heated oven for about 45 minutes at 340°F (170°C).
Leave the cake in the pan to cool down, remove from tin and dust with icing sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newsletter

Instagram