8/18/2017

Blueberry Crumble Cheesecake

Berry season is a wonderful season! My neighbor always hands me a bowl of his fresh garden berries and I get to enjoy them. In his garden 5 minutes feel like a whole week of vacation and I'm always very thankful if I get the chance to plant some onions or pick some cherries. I wish I had my own garden but with all the traveling right now it's not possible.
To thank my neighbor I give him the result of his idea giving berries to me. This time it was a blueberry crumble cheesecake. Perfect for the season and very enjoyable.
The almond flour in the cheese cream for it's creamy consistency. Just try it!
Makes one cake 9,4 inch diameter.

For the dough:
1 3/4 whole spelt flour
1/2 cup raw cane sugar
1 stick + 1 tbsp. vegan butter
2-3 tbsp. dairy-free milk
+ some fat for the form

For the filling:
28 oz soy curd
1/2 cup starch
1/2 tsp. vanilla, grounded
1/2 cup raw cane sugar
4 heaped tbsp. almond flour
1 good pinch kala manak salt
1 pinch cinnamon
1 pinch saffron threads
1/3 cup almond flakes
4.2 oz blueberries
2 small apples
In a mixing bowl mix together flour, sugar, butter, salt and dairy-free milk with a fork. If the tough gets crumbly you can knead the dough with your hands. Use a springform and grease it with butter. Then push 2/3 of the thin dough into the form. Form a 1,5 inch high edge.

For the filling mix 4 tbsp. of curd, starch, vanilla, raw cane sugar, almond flour, kala manak and saffron. Then stir in the rest of the curd. Spread 3/4 of the cheese cream on the dough. Peel apples if needed and cut them into fine slices. Then spread them on the cream. Mix the blueberries with the rest of the cream and spread them on the apples. Use the rest of the dough and the almonds as crumbles. Bake at 356°F (180°C) top/bottom heat for 50-60 minutes. Let cake completely cool off. Enjoy with family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newsletter

Instagram