7/24/2011

Tofu-hazelnut-balls




Between my studies my appetite drove me crazy, so that I had to turn on the cooker again. As I love to eat hazelnut, but have less time for baking right now (way too less in my opinion!!!), I applied them at my lunch today by forming little tofu-hazelnut balls.

As side dish I chose Capellini (thin spaghettis) with pesto and some fresh Italian salad with a yoghurt-mustard-dressing.

For about 12 balls:

1 cup tofu (200g)
1/3 cup ground hazelnuts (70g)
1 onion
Salt, pepper, oregano, fresh nutmeg
1/2 bound parsley
some lemon balm
3 tablespoons yoghurt
1 tablespoon lemon juice
3 tablespoons breadcrumb

Mash the tofu with a fork and roast it gently in some oil at normal heat. Add the onion and continue sweating it until the onion becomes translucent, then add the hazelnuts and spice everything.

Cut the parsley and lemon balm as small as possible and mix it with yoghurt and lemon juice. Add the tofu-nut-mix and agitate it to a smooth dough. Add little by little some breadcrumbs. Don't let the dough become too firm, as it becomes even firmer after a few minutes of steeping.Then form small balls out of it and roast them from all sides; serve them hot.

Whether as finger-food or hearty side-dish, with spicy sauces or potatoes, these little ones taste always delicious;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newsletter

Instagram