4/27/2011

First recipe - Lilac Dream Cupcakes!




About one year ago I started my German blog: veganpassion.blogspot.com, where I publish all the delicious vegan recipes I am cooking in the course of a week. Once started, I got more and more followers and so overwhelming comments that I went on posting. Today my German blog contains over hundred recipes with love.

In the meantime I got a lot of requests from English speaking people too and decided to support the worldwide vegan-movement by translating my blog little by little into English – and here it is!

Regarding the structure: You will always find a picture of the meal, followed by a short cooking/baking instruction including the needed ingredients. (please be forgiving concerning the quantities – I am not yet that familiar with the Anglo-Saxon measures)

If you would like to find out more about myself and how I became vegan please visit „Moi...“ in the navigation bar .

And here we go - my first recipe in English. I chose one of my beloved ones and hope you will also enjoy it.

Lilac Dream Cupcakes

For 6 cupcakes:

1 1/2 cup flour (150g)
1/2 cup sugar (100g)
2 tablespoons cocoa (30g)
1/6 cup oil (40ml)
a pinch salt
a knife point baking soda / natron
1 1/2 tablespoon apple puree (20g)
1/3 cup water (70ml)
1 tablespoon cider vinegar

First mix the dry ingredients, then add the apple, water, oil and vinegar. As soon as the dough looks homogeneous, divide it onto six little molds.
Let the little ones bake at 310°F for appr. 20 minutes.

For the frosting:

1/4 cup margarine
1/2 cup sieved powdered sugar
red and blue food coloring
1 teaspoon raspberry jelly

Sieve the sugar into the margarine, create your favored color and mix in the jelly. Fill everything in a piping bag and purfle the little sweeties.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newsletter

Instagram